23.12.11

This is me, welcome.

My name is Shelby, but you can call me Shelbs, since that seems to be the name everyone else picks up on. There are two "Shelby's" on this blog, so to avoid any possible confusion, I'm the blondie and my middle name is Nicole, which I will sign all my posts with so that no one is unsure at any time which Shelby is speaking.

Further introduction? Hmm, where to begin! Let's start by saying, I'm far too complicated for my own good. I also tend to be a tad melodramatic at times, so if you feel as if I've gone a bit too far, I apologize, I'm an actress and a writer - it's in the blood. I'm obsessed with music. I love anything from 80's rock to nowadays hip hop and pop or country. I'm also a big fan of the 1950's big band music. Jazz all the way. If it makes me wanna dance and sing along, you can guarantee I'll be listening to it or saving it to my playlist. I could care less what people think of me unless I love someone, then I care far too much about what they think of me. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve. I'm naturally shy but I've been gifted with a brave heart and I can be outgoing if I want to be. I have a strange sense of humor that you can only really appreciate if you've known me long enough. I feel happiest when I am surrounded by the people I love. I feel depressed when I feel like there is no purpose to my life. There's nothing I hate more than being bored. I talk far too much. I'm all about "self-love" and being beautiful just because you're you. If you don't accept a compliment I give you, I am likely never to give you a compliment again. If you rag on yourself, I will go off on an hour long rampage about "how you're beautiful because you're you and nothing can change that", so it's better just to stay quiet about stuff like that around me. One thing is never enough to satisfy me. I sing, act, dance, blog, write novels, compete in beauty pageants and public speak. There's nothing I love more than being in front of a crowd; I thrive onstage, or when I am under the spotlight. I am entirely obsessed with Italy, it is my dream vacation spot. I have a thing for tall, skinny boys with big eyes and a sense of style - oh and an attractive European accent doesn't hurt either. I'm that girl that awkwardly dances around the school when musics playing, laughs louder than the average person screams and smiles way too much. I've been branded as the "advice giver" in my friend group, due to the fact that my mom is a psychology wiz and I just happen to know more about human behavior than is normal. I'm fairly enthusiastic about life and out pour energy until I completely exhaust myself. I love my feet. It's a full house where I live, 6 kids, two adults (three of which are my step-siblings) so that makes my need to be unique and original all the more potent in my every day life. I love life, love, people and more than anything I love being myself.

Questions I often get asked:
Do you dye your hair? No.
Are your eyelashes fake? No.
Are you eighteen? No.

The phrase you most often here me saying - "I need a boyfriend."

That's me. Now, what about you?

Loves,
Shelby Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment