2.1.12

i'm not that weird, promise. (you know you do it, too).

is it binging? do you starve yourself? watch chick flicks on the couch all day? cry, and cry and cry? ben and jerry's ice cream? perhaps for some you even inflict pain on yourself, (i.e. cutting yourself, beating yourself, etc). 

when you're down, sad, depressed, upset, angry, heart broken do you do any of these things? 
i eat blocks of cream cheese.
i'm also known for belting Barbra Streisand through the house, eating very expensive (and fattening) cheese. bad, bad, bad idea. i'll take long bubble baths and read saucy novels like Twilight. waste of time. (sorry, Twilight fans). sometimes i'll eat a whole pack of gum. and the list goes on...

sick? sure. so are the things listed above. sadly, i've done all of the above. they were all self-defeating and unhealthy. somewhere, we need an outlet, something that takes our mind off whatever is bothering it. i never felt satisfied after any of them. only more unhappy than when i started.

okay, quick side note about the gum because i'm sure it's freaking some of you out: first, i have a tiny mouth  but my cheeks would make any chipmunk jealous. i once had 17 pieces of dubble bubble gum in my mouth once. it was at girl's camp and there were three girls involved. the first stopped at 7, then the other had to stop after 11, and after she quit i was told i could stop but instead i stuck 6 more pieces in my mouth. impressive? indeed. disgusting? in every way. (i may be the oldest one on this blog, but i am by far the most immature).

okay. so why do we do this? for me, it's a way to relieve myself from something that's bothering me - to cope. i don't know for sure, but i read a lot about this stuff and i would like to know why you do? and what are some of your 'coping' habits? 

leave a comment if it tickles your fancy.

Kathryn.

2 comments:

  1. I wear silly stupid socks and sweaters. Yeah, I call them my comfort clothes. Oh, and I get out my purple blanket. And girls, there is nothing wrong with crying. I enjoy it quite a lot sometimes. Especially when its over. Don't stop yourself from feeling. Hormones shouldn't be built up in you. Oh, the joys of being a hormonal tennage girl :P Note: that was sarcasm in case you missed it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is most definitely nothing wrong with crying! I cry almost every day. No joke. I talk. I talk and talk and talk until I annoy people. I have to complain or attempt to explain how I am feeling or the feelings stay pent up inside of myself and I almost burst out of my skin. I also eat, a lot. Mainly I try to ignore it by blogging, watching movies or doing something to take my mind off of the pain until it's gone and I'm over it. A good nights sleep helps as well! :)

    ReplyDelete