25.1.12

Sometimes it's okay to be a rebel.

image here.

Sometimes it's okay to be a rebel.

as of late, my life has been the hardest thing I've ever experienced. It's funny, because life is all I know, but it seems like a completely different journey than before. 
I told people exactly how I felt, even if it hurt. I used to let people take the upper-hand over me. not anymore. 

Isn't it interesting how you can wake up one day, feeling on top of the world, but then you see someone, or talk with someone, and they ruin everything.

In my earnest to get away, I almost let them keep talking, but something remarkable happened. I found a voice I didn't know I had. When I'm nervous, I get cold. When I began to open my mouth and say what my heart needed to, I sat up straight and tall, I wasn't cold at all, and smiled to myself. I was so scared to stick up for myself. But this morning, I met a girl I never knew existed. I met a girl who was confident and strong. I met a girl who won't take no for an answer. I met a girl who walked away with excitement for what her life is just starting to become. 

Girls, life is scary. I know. but I promise if you find your voice and listen to your heart (I know, it sounds so cheesy) you'll find it isn't so scary at all. Sure, it might be hard getting there. That's okay. Because in the end, it won't matter.

 
KATHRYN.

No comments:

Post a Comment