15.1.12

Words: A secret weapon for getting friends and boys.

Let me paint a picture for you:

Last school year. 2010-2011. I am a silly awkward girl who has suddenly been thrown into high school having skipped a grade, so I was a year younger then everyone else in my grade. Sure, I thought boys were cute and had crushes on some but only a couple ever went out of their way to get to know me. I didn't feel like I really had any friends, just a few. Problem as I saw it then: No one wants to be my friend and boys don't think I'm cute. Problem as I see it now: I never talked to anyone. EVER.


Now let's skip ahead to this school year. 2011-2012. I start at a new school. A charter school. I expect it to be exactly like last year, just surviving for the first year hoping I'll find friends in the second. But I was wrong. Oh, so completely wrong it's crazy. I must be cuter then I was last year or something because suddenly I find that all these boys think I am super attractive and by the time I am 3 weeks into school 5 different boys like me. Ahhhhhhhhhh! Going from zero social life and no boys talking to me to instant popularity in 3.5 seconds it really scary. let me tell you.



Now I don't tell you this to brag, but to share something with you. Something that could change the world. Your world. I have come to a conclusion: the thing that made this school year so drastically different from last year has nothing to do with the boys at my new school. It has everything to do with ME and how I act. It's not just that I might be prettier then I was last year, or that the boys are any different, it's all because of one little thing: I talk. I say hi to people in the hall even if I don't know them all that well. I share my opinion in class. I compliment people.


That is the biggest part for me. complimenting people. It's something I have been working on lately and let me tell you, it makes all the difference.


Proven fact: people enjoy being around people who compliment them and others. People enjoy being around happy people.













Trust me, I proved that fact this year. I started talking to people and they started talking to me. Boys notice me more, girls want to be my friend. And I blame it entirely on words. they are powerful.


So, if you feel like you don't have any friends. If you want that really attractive boy to notice you. If you have something to say- then say it. Talk, girly. The world will love you for your words.

God loves you for you. And so do I.






So be beautiful.



Loves,



Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment